7.7.12

ひさしぶり (Hisashiburi)

The title of today's post is: ひさしぶり, which translates to, "long time no see."

Indeed, it has been a long, long time since my last post, and I'm so sorry!

Today is a holiday in Japan, Tanabata festival. On this day, the Japanese write their wishes upon slips of paper and hang them upon a bamboo tree along with other decorations. Yesterday at work, we had a small event where we did just this. So today, my Tanabata wish is to do a much better job of updating my blog.


The past few weeks have been a whirlwind of fun and adventures, I can't wait to update you all on them. I've continued exploring Japan, stayed in a traditional Japanese hotel (ryokan) with my program, spent a night meditating with Zen Buddhist monks in a temple, had adventures with my parents who were visiting for a few weeks, finished classes, moved to an apartment in Saitama - a neighboring prefecture of Tokyo, and have begun my summer internship for the Japanese automotive brake company, Akebono. I've been so busy, my blog has taken a back seat to it all. In fact, this morning, after having a very restful and more than sufficient night's rest, I realized that today was the first day since I've been in Japan that I have been able to sleep in. No alarm, no school, no work, nothing to keep me from getting a terrific night's sleep. And now, I'm back, I'm ready to have more adventures, and most of all, I'm excited to tell you all about them!

So get ready, because Viv is taking Japan - Tokyo edition!

No comments:

Post a Comment